Alzheimer's and Dementia Virtual Support Group
Caring for those living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia means meeting new challenges every step of the way. It can be an isolating journey, but you don’t have to go it alone. It’s time to find your team.
You will learn from award-winning occupational therapist and dementia care specialist, Dr. Heather McKay, as well as other family caregivers facing similar challenges. Throughout the series, Dr. McKay will guide you in analyzing current situations, planning new approaches and implementing effective strategies.
This virtual series is specially designed for family caregivers to better understand the disease itself and receive education in an interactive learning environment.
Webinars will take place on Tuesdays from 6:00 to 7:15 p.m. EST with topics including:
- September 21 - Understanding Dementia and Communicating for Positive Outcomes
- September 28 - Dealing With Distress in Dementia
- October 5 - Troubleshooting When Dealing With Distress Takes More Than One Attempt
- October 12 - Adapting Care Along the Timeline of Dementia
- October 19 - Becoming an Adaptive Caregiver and Maintaining Your Own Brain